Sunday 22 April 2012

Reading Reflection Five


Book Title : City of Ember
Author : Jeanne DuPrau
Pages Read: 86 - 119

     My interest level in this book has slightly gone up. Even though I've already this book in the past, I still seem to get interested in this book. I think that something really interesting is going to be revealed soon. My prediction is that Lina Mayfleet and Doon Harrow find out what is hidden in the "secret box" that was built to not open for 200 years. I continuously wonder what is in this box. I did think it was instructions on how to leave the city, but I'm starting to second guess that. For some reason, I think that the box is going to be empty, or have nothing useful in it. My reading practice is still not going as well as I planned. I do not read at home, but I feel as if I should give this a shot. I could have been finished this book by now. My goal is to finish this book within the next two weeks. I want to finish this book as soon as possible so that I can move onto another book that is better fitting for me. I guess this book didn't do what I thought it would do, to make reading apart of my life. I think Jeanne DuPrau needs to do a slightly better job capturing the readers attention. She doesn't set the scene very often, and she doesn't have much tension and suspense. This is making it a little more difficult to picture some things in your head, and I love pictures. I'm going to get onto reading so I can be done with this book. Later Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment