Tuesday 10 April 2012

Reading Reflection #2

Book : The City Of Ember
Author : Jeanne Duprau
Pages Read : 19 - 40

     Two reading days has gone by, and I still am not a fan of reading. I still do not know what it is, but I just cannot get myself to enjoy reading. I guess it still is early and too soon. I hope I sooner than later I gain more interest in reading. The first time I read this book, I was in grade 6. I didn't understand it the way I am starting too now. I can start picturing more things as I am reading this book. I guess in the past, I read through the book quickly just to say I was finished and not really to enjoy what the author has written for us and how great the story line may be. The first time I read this book, I didn't really know what was going on. I also do not remember much of what happened in the book, it's like I've never read it. As I mentioned, I can start picturing things that the author writes more clearly. From what I can picture, the City of Ember itself does not seem like a place I would want to stay at. I mean, if it was a real place, I would want to compare how my mind sees it and how it actually is. I think they would be pretty similar. I hope my comprehension of reading develops in the later weeks. The author is doing her job, now its just for me to start enjoying reading. If other people can, So can I. I believe in myself. Well City Of Ember, Let's see if next friday has a better connection between us. Later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment