Monday 23 April 2012

Reading Reflection #6

Book: City of EmberAuthor: Jeanne DuPrau
Pages Read: 120-145

   Six weeks have gone by and this book has yet to totally capture my attention. I think the author needs to do a slight better job on building tension and suspense. The author also does not set the scence very often, so it makes it a little more difficult to picture what is going on. As I was reading, I realized that one of the main characters in the book has a somewhat similar personality as I do. This character's name is Lina Mayfleet. Lina seems to be a very curious and adventurous person. She also really cares her little sister, Poppy. It may not seem like it, but I really do care for my sister as well. On the flipside, she also has some traits that are not alike mine at all. She is constantly polite. Unfortunately, I struggle to do be polite at all times. Finally, Lina is always willing to give a helping hand. It's not I am against helping others, I just dont really like to go out of my way to help others.
   At this point, I am really starting to doubt the thought of my enjoying to read. Although there has been progress. I am going to try and start reading at home because I just passed the halfway mark in my book and its been six freaking weeks. Meanwhile, some people have already finished their first book. I am really going to try improving my reading practise. Hopefully this will give me a little more interest in reading. Until then, later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment