Tuesday 10 April 2012

Reading Reflection #3

Book: City of Ember
Author : Jeanne Duprau
Pages Read : 40 - 66

     My teacher, Ms. McLaughlin decided switch it up a bit and gave us the option to make an iPhone for a character in our book. I couldn't think of ten apps to create for my character, so I am stuck doing another regular post. This makes me regret picking this book. Well it has been three reading days now, and my interest level for reading is still low. I wonder if I will ever actually reading, is this really a realistic achievement ? I guess time will tell, because either way I have to read anyways. We'll see how my mind reacts to it. I had to get 66 pages in before I finally realized, their lives are a lot different than ours. In Ember, twelve year old kids get a role in keeping the city running. I can't imagine that being relevant to our lives now. Also, living in an underground city with no sun or anything would be really different. If I was born in this city, everything would be different. I guess that makes sense, since they need all the help they can keeping this city from running out of power. On the bright side(see what I did there), words cannot describe the feeling I would have after escaping this city and seeing what the real world is like. It would make the rest of life so much more enjoyable. Hey, this reflecting isn't as bad as I thought. Maybe this is one step I need in my quest to enjoy reading. If I enjoyed reading, everything would be so much easier, and more importantly, more fun! Not to burst my own bubble or anything, but this week wasn't the one. Reading is still not my slice of pie. Hopefully next week will be. But until then, later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment