Wednesday 9 May 2012

Reading Reflection #8

Book: The City of Ember
Author: Jeanne DuPrau
Pages Read: 221 - 270

     I did it! I finished reading the City of Ember! This is the first time I actually read a book, it's a pretty good feeling. It may not be a big deal to anybody else, but to me it is. This is somewhat similar to the feeling Lina and Doon had in them when they escaped the City of Ember and made their way to Sparks, a completely different city. No way, their feeling must have been a hundred times better than how good I feel about finishing a book. Words cannot describe the feeling they had. I wish I had more of those moments, where I feel absolutely great and nothing is going wrong. I can just imagine being trapped in an underground city for your whole life, and finally being able to witness the real world and how much different and greater it is. One memory I have when I had such a positive feeling was our Sturgeon Heights basketball team winning the WWAC conference. It was amazing. Doon and Lina had a pretty difficult life underground, doing labor work and keeping the city running. This is similar to our team practices. They were tough, and we had to go through a lot before being rewarded just like Lina and Doon. Then they finally get a sigh of relief once they escape their town and enter a much better place, and all their work paid off in the end. Our basketball team was the same way. When won our conference, we felt overwhelmed when that buzzer went. This is how I can relate to Doon and Lina's success. This book has a sequel. There is book called, " The People of Sparks" that follows up this book. I predict that it is going to be better than the first. I mean, think about the settings. An underground, nearly dead city compared to a bright city which is full of life. I do think that Sparks is going to have a downside to it, and they will again need to start solving. I also have a feeling that Lina and Doon are going to meet two people very Similar to themselves. I guess you can call them the "Lina and Doon of Sparks." I am looking forward to reading the sequel to this book. I guess I'm getting closer to my goal of enjoying to read! Until then, later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment