Wednesday 2 May 2012

Reading Reflection #7

Book Title: City of Ember
Author: Jeanne DuPrau
Pages Read: 146-220

    I've read ready a huge amount this week, well at least in my opinion I did. 75 whole pages, I've never read that much, that quick in my life. Who ever thought I would be able to read so much? I certainly didn't. Enough about hyping myself up. A lot has happened in this book. I used to think I was a lot like Lina Mayfleet, but I realized that there is another character that I may have similar personality traits with. His name is Doon Harrow. Doon is also a main character, he is really creative, has a good sense of humour, but know when to start taking things seriously. I feel as if he is trying to save the City of Ember more than anybody else. It almost seems like he wants to be recognized for the things he does, which is very similar to me. Doon is creative, and smart. I am slightly different, I mean I can be creative at times but I don't have very many intelligent moments (No I am not stupid). I am getting better at reading at home. I realized that I have a lot of time on my hands, and I can use that time to read. Reading isn't as boring as I thought it was before. My goal is to finish this book next week. I have 50 pages left, which seems really accomplishable. My guess is that Lina and Doon find a way out of Ember and up into the surface. I think they are going to find a new city, called Sparks. It will be the complete opposite of ember. It will be bright and full of life. If I am right with my guess, I must be some sort of wizard or something. I guess we'll find out next week, but until then... Later days!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment